Monday 30 April 2012

The Delicate Taper

It is taper week for all of those registered in the Vancouver BMO Marathon and Half Marathon. It's time to slow down my friends and conserve energy.

What is your favorite thing about taper week? I like the extra time on my hands from not logging as many kilometers on the road. I love that I can spend that time with my family who have supported me throughout the training process. I have the time to sit back and celebrate the grand challenge of the training process, and enjoy that accomplishment. 

Do you get nervous? If so, what are you nervous about? 

I am so excited to be in this race! Barry and I registered for it just a few days after the new courses were unveiled last October. We were newlyweds, and had just completed the Goodlife Fitness half marathon in Victoria. I am a little nervous about Vancouver because I  have been looking forward to this race since October and have visualized it as being truly epic! I had a little knee injury this winter, so my training for Vancouver hasn't been as "by the book" as I would have liked it to be, but I am now injury and pain free and ready to race!

 
Do you have a favorite meal the night before the race?

 I like apple crisp, and whole wheat spaghetti with marinara sauce. Not all mixed together of course, but I like to get both of those in me the day before.


 Do you have an article of clothing that comes with you every time?  

I have read that some people do. I always test my clothes for race day on my longest training run. Inevidabley there will be a spot that I missed with Bodyglide and I'll be healed and know for race day. I seem to have the same hat on a lot and that's because it keeps the sweat out of my eyes and it fits my head. 

We would like to congratulate all participants in the Vancouver event, and all other events going on this coming May 6th. Trust your training, believe in yourself and enjoy every moment. The dress rehearsal is over and it is your time to shine!

Please help us grant a wish for a child this year and let's pay this incredible energy forward to a little one battling a life threatening medical condition!  To make a donation in support of 2DreamRunners 2012, Click here and choose 2DreamRunners 2012 under support a specific BC Campaign and complete the rest of the donation form.

No comments:

Post a Comment